Each sachet contains:
White, odourless, crystalline powder, sweet taste.
Sorbitol (D-glucitol) is a polyhydric alcohol. It will promote the hydration of the intestinal content. Sorbitol stimulates the secretion of cholecystokininpancreazymine and accelerates intestinal motility by its osmotic-laxative effect.
Sorbitol is poorly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract after oral. It is metabolised mainly in the liver, to fructose, a reaction catalysed by the enzyme sorbitol dehydrogenase. Some sorbitol may be converted directly to glucose by the enzyme aldose reductase. A very small part of non-metabolized sorbitol is eliminated by the kidney. The remaining part is eliminated, in the form of CO2 in the expired air.
Used in the symptomatic treatment for dyspeptic disorders and constipation.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Only use the drug with osmotic laxative with single dose and not frequently.
Sorbitol STADA 5 g is orally taken. Dissolve 1 sachet in ½ glass of water, orally administer 10 minutes before meals.
– Symptomatic treatment of dyspeptic disorders: 1 to 3 sachets daily in adult, take the drug before meals or during dyspeptic trouble.
– Treatment of constipation: 1 sachet in adult at fasting in the morning. Children should be given ½ of the adult dose.
Sorbitol is contraindicated in these cases:
– Organic inflammatory enteropathies, ulcerative rectocolitis, Crohn’s disease and occlusive or subocclusive syndrome.
– Undiagnosed abdominal painful syndrome
– Patients with genetic fructose intolerance (rare metabolic disease).
– Prolonged use of a laxative is not recommended.
– Treatment of constipation with sorbitol is only an adjuvant to hygiene-dietetic treatment.
– Do not administer in case of biliary tract obstruction.
– In patients with irritable colon, avoid the administration of sorbitol while fasting and reduce the dosage.
By increasing intestinal motility, all laxatives may potentially decrease transit time of concomitantly administered oral drugs and thereby decrease their absorption.
PREGNANCY AND LACTATION
Possibility of diarrhea and abdominal pains, especially in patients with irritable colon or with abdominal bloating. Discontinue using the drug if have any adverse reaction.
Disorder fluid and electrolyte if using high doses again. It has been recommended that fluid and electrolyte balance be monitored closely.
Store in a well-closed container, in a dry place, protect from light. Do not store above 30°C.
36 months from the date of manufacturing.
Sachet of 5 g. Box of 20 sachets
Keep out of reach of children
Do not use after the expiry date
Read the package insert carefully before use
For further information, do not hesitate to ask your physicians
Notify your physicians if you should experience any of adverse effects
STADA-VN J.V. Co., Ltd.
K63/1 Nguyen Thi Soc, Xuan Thoi Dong,
HM, HCM City, VN