PAWPAW (PAPAYA) MEDICINAL VALUE
Pawpaw (papaya) has very good medicinal values for digestion, intestinal worms and abrasion injuries.
– Eating the ripe pawpaw (papaya) helps to improve digestion in sick and old persons who need improved digestion.
– Pawpaw (papaya) helps to eradicate intestinal worms.
– Pawpaw (papaya) also is used to treat injuries caused by abrasions to prevent infections and promote healing.
PREPARATION AND APPLICATIONS
1. Harvest a ripe pawpaw fruit and rinse carefully with clean water.
2. Peel off the outer layer of the pawpaw fruit, dissect and remove seeds before cutting fruit into sizeable pieces for consumption.
3. Eat pieces equivalent to not more than a quarter of the whole pawpaw fruit either before or immediately after meal.
1. Harvest the green unripe pawpaw fruit and slice the fruit or alternatively slice the stem of the paw tree and collect the white liquid from the sliced area up to 3 teaspoonful or 15ml.
2. Get a cup of clean drinkable hot water and add 3 teaspoonful of sugar or 3 teaspoonful of honey in addition to the 3 teaspoonful of the white liquid from the sliced area of the green pawpaw fruit or stem.
3. Alternatively get the pawpaw seeds, dry them and thereafter crush them.
4. Measure 3 teaspoonful of the crushed seeds into 1 glass of water and drink this morning, afternoon and night for 7 days.
1. Harvest the green unripe pawpaw fruit and slice the fruit or alternatively slice the stem of the paw tree and collect the white liquid from the sliced area.
2. Wash and clean the injury free of dead skin.
3. Soak a sizeable piece of cotton wool in the white liquid and pack the cleaned injury with the white liquid soaked cotton wool.
4. Repeat this exercise in the morning, afternoon and night until injury is healed.
Credit – Where there is no doctor.